Amplifier RF No. 2
Amplifier RF No. 2 Mk.III
Amplifier RF No. 2 was developed to amplify the (modulated) RF output from a Wireless Set No. 19 and so increase its working range.
It is normally fitted on top of the No. 19 Set.
- Frequency coverage 2-8MHz in two ranges
- RF output 10-14W R/T, 25-30W CW
- Power supply 12V accumulator
- Internal dynamotor provides 600V @ 240mA
- Uses Aerial Tuning Inductance No. 1
- Mk. I and Mk.II uses 4 x ATS25 (807)
- Later Mk.III version has only two ATS 25 valves
- Has same dimensions as Wireless Set No. 19
Inside view of Amplifier RF No. 2 Mk.3.
Note that in the Mk.3 version only two type ATS25 (807) valves are used.
RETURN to Gallery
Wireless for the Warrior