USSR VHF transceiver type A7a
USSR VHF Transceiver A7a (early model).
The A7 (and later A7a) was developed during World War 2 and used for communication in rifle Brigades and Regiments down to units.
The complete station is carried by one man in a wooden carrying case.
- Frequency range 27-32MHz (A7b 24-28MHz)
- Modulation FM (!). R/T only.
- Powered by 2.4V NiCads and 180V dry battery fitted in carrying case.
- Various versions are recorded to be manufactured.
- A7b was produced locally in satellite countries in the 1950s.
- 2.4V filament battery valves are used.
USSR VHF Transceiver A7.
Wireless for the Warrior