WW2 Japanese transceiver Model 94, Mark 6
Japanese Model 94, Mark 6. Photograph courtesy Alan Douglas USA.
Model 94, Mark 6 was a manpack set developed during World War 2 and used for short range communication.
Equipment comprises transceiver and separate battery case. Uses only one double triode valve.
- Frequency range 24-47MHz in three ranges.
- Modulation AM R/T and MCW.
- Powered by dry batteries (3V HT and 135V HT) or hand-generator.
- RF output approximately 200mW
- Valve operates as superregenerative detector and AF amplifier in receive and as oscillator/modulator in transmit.
Wireless for the Warrior