USSR VHF transceiver type R-157
USSR VHF Transceiver R157.
The USSR R-157 is a small short range VHF FM transceiver.
It was used as a manpack set for Platoon to Company communications.
- Frequency range 44.00-53.90MHz.
- Selection of channels with 100kHz spacing.
- Modulation FM R/T only.
- Powered by 12.6V 0.45Ah rechargeable battery.
- RF output approximately 1W.
- Fully transistorised.
- Aerial is a 1.2M long Kulikoff type.
- Uses single earphone with a cheek microphone.
- Attention tone calling.
USSR VHF transceiver type R-157 complete with standard headphone and cheek microphone assembly.
Operating frequency is selected in 100kHz steps by two controls fitted on the top panel.
Wireless for the Warrior