(Louis Meulstee's web site)
WftW Compendium 2
ISBN Compendium 2: 9789081927109
First published August 2012 by Louis Meulstee, Ottersum, The Netherlands.
Wireless for the Warrior Compendium 2 'Spark to Larkspur' (Special sets, Receivers and Larkspur)
is published in softback A5 format. It contains 215 different sets and systems in 458 pages,
and over 1050 photographs, line drawings and tables.
Included are a comprehensive index and a list of suggested further reading.
Compendium 2 is divided into five main sections and sub-divided into chapters by application, operational use, range or family of sets,
and date of introduction.
- The first section covers 'Special Sets' with chapters: commercial, RAF and other sets adapted for Army use; ground to air sets;
special sets; miscellaneous and local pattern sets; experimental sets.
- The 'Commonwealth Sets' section deals with equipment manufactured and/or used in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
- 'Receivers' are covered in a separate section comprising chapters on: numerical series; commercial, RAF and special receivers adopted for Army use;
receivers manufactured in Australia, Canada and New Zealand; Army broadcast and welfare-amenities receivers.
- 'Direction Finding receivers and Systems' include chapters on rotating loop DF systems; commercial U-type Adcock DF systems;
Army U-type Adcock DF systems; miscellaneous DF sets and systems.
- The final section covers the 'Larkspur' era of sets, including Anti-Aircraft Command sets.
pdf downloads WftW Compendium 2
The table of contents and a number of selected pages from Compendium 2 can be downloaded as pdf's.
Please keep in mind that the printed size of the pages will be in A5 format, the original size of the book
How to buy a copy of WftW Compendium 2, 3, 4 and 5:
WftW Compendiums 2, 3, 4 and 5 can only be obtained direct from the 'Publishing-on-demand' printers
www.lulu.com/spotlight/wftw in the WftW Bookshop. The books are modestly priced and PayPal is accepted.